Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Fall!!!

The cooler days and evenings put us in that Fall mood. While I was rummaging through my student teaching resources, I came across this wonderful poem that I thought I would share…Happy Fall!
 
October’s Party
George Cooper
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.
Then, in the rustic hollow,
At hide-and-seek they played,
The party closed at sundown,
And everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly “hands around.”
 
Listen to it….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZ2xpsU9Bk

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jemie Buck. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "MS. Buck's 8th grade English Class". and the post on it " Happy Fall". Indeed it is a wonderful poem. Well let me share with you a program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults from the West. We encourage such people from the West to come to Mumbai on a short /long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor binging healing to the broken hearted during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. I am in the PASTORAL MINISTRY for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. My email I d is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete